If the product does not exist in the database and has never been used by a group, a product sheet must be created.
The product data sheet will be linked to the MSDS.
There are two ways to access the New product sheet:
– Quick access Products> Create
– Applications Menu > Chemicals > Products > Create
1. The New product form opens in the panel.
2. Fill in at least these five details:
(required fields are highlighted in red)
Tip: To avoid the accidental creation of duplicates for the same product, take care when entering the Description, Manufacturer and Reference fields.
One character more or less will be considered as a new entry (e.g. SARL instead of S.A.R.L.).
- Designation: the name of the product given by the manufacturer (indicated in section 1 of the MSDS)
- The Manufacturer: not to be confused with the supplier
- Reference : the manufacturer’s part number (the product code given by the manufacturer in section 1 of the SDS)
- The physical state of the product: solid, liquid or gaseous
- Group: indicate at least one first group
It is now possible to associate the SDS: See How to associate a safety data sheet with a product